Lots of new features to come.
Awarded shifts can now be sent to your cell phone via a text message. The set-up is easy. Check with your cellular provider for the cost of receiving text messages. Many providers charge 10 cents/message or have an offering for unlimited text messages for $3 - $4 per month. See the attached tutorial for instructions on how to make this new feature work for you!
Web-based solutions for filling open shifts.
BidShift is a web-based tool that allows SMCS Nursing and Surgery staff to view and request all open shifts for which they are qualified. This program gives staff who want to work additional hours the flexibility to choose shifts that meet their needs.
We are interested in your ideas for BidShift at SMCS. Please share your ideas with Nursing Administration.
Sutter Medical Center, Sacramento Nursing and Surgery staff that are Non-exempt, Full-time, Parttime, Casual and Per Diem employees are eligible to request shifts through the new BidShift program.
- Open shifts are posted on BidShift after the base schedule is completed for Full-time and Part-time Staff.
- Staff members looking to pick up shifts can log in to view the open shifts and request shifts they are interested in working.
- Managers then award the shift from the list of requestors, making their selection based on unit needs and staff qualifications, and add that person to the schedule.
- Staff members then log back into BidShift to see if they were awarded the shifts they requested. (If you have a valid e-mail address, you can also receive an e-mail notification.)
- This is a new and convenient way that Per Diem and Casual Staff will schedule their shifts.
Sign up in just 5 minutes!
- Go to the BidShift website by clicking on the BidShift link under the "Highlights" drop-down menu on the the SMCS MySutter Intranet home page or from home by visiting suttermedicalcenter.org/bidshift..
- Click the BidShift (LOG IN NOW) icon to begin the sign-up process.
- Begin the BidShift registration process online by clicking "Click Here to Sign Up".
- Enter your SMCS Network ID and a self assigned password and click on the "Save & Continue" button.
- Fill out the Personal and Professional Information requested and click on the "Save & Continue" button.
- Complete the Skills Checklist section based on your experience.
- When the Skills Checklist is completed, Click the "SUBMIT REGISTRATION" button.
- When you submit your completed Skills Checklist, it will be sent to you manager for review and approval.
- Once approved by your manager, you can log in to BidShift and begin requesting shifts.
- Go to the BidShift website by clicking on the BidShift link under the "Highlights" drop-down menu on the the SMCS MySutter Intranet home page or from home by visiting suttermedicalcenter.org/bidshift.
- Click the BidShift (LOG IN NOW) icon to visit the SMCS BidShift page.
- Enter your username and password you selected during sign up to log-in.
- Choose "all qualified shifts" to view all open shifts for which you qualify or click on one of the other categories to see a shorter list.
- Click on the shift you want to work.
- Click "Request/Bid On this Shift" and "Done".
- You can log-on and view the shifts you have requested and the shifts you have been awarded (scheduled) by clicking on the corresponding tab at the top of the screen.
- If you have questions about BidShift, please contact your manager.