Patient and Family-Centered Care
Sutter Medical Center, Sacramento
At Sutter, we hold the philosophy that the family is one of the primary sources of strength and support. Our patient- and family-centered approach welcomes you as a primary participant in your loved one’s care team. We acknowledge that you know your loved one better than anyone and ask that you help us make the best of their hospital experience.
- We recognize that each family is a culture unto itself with different values and unique ways of functioning.
- We believe that a partnership exists between families and health care providers--a partnership that recognizes, respects, and relies upon the expertise of each.
- We are committed to providing a safe, nurturing, and healing environment that is guided by family-identified needs.
- We encourage the exchange of information and provide access to education and resources for patients and families that foster their participation and self-reliance.
- In recognition of the integral role of families in the health care team, we will develop education and support systems that empower staff to provide family-centered care.
HAND-in-HAND Family Advisory Council
Families and Professionals for Family-Centered Pediatric Care.
Patient- and family-centered care recognizes that parents and family members are essential to a child’s well-being. In patient- and family-centered care, families and health care professionals unite to provide the best possible care and an environment that supports both the child and the family.
Hand-in-Hand brings families and health care professionals together to improve the health care experience for children at Sutter Medical Center, Sacramento.
We invite you to join us as we:
- Share ideas, needs and concerns of families with hospital administrators and staff.
- Serve as a resource for families.
- Help plan pediatric programs for the Children’s Center.
Hand-in-Hand welcomes the involvement of parents and family members served by Sutter Medical Center, Sacramento. We meet the first Thursday of every month at 6 p.m. at Sutter Memorial Hospital.
Please contact us: