SMCS CME Program
Sutter Medical Center, Sacramento
The Sutter Medical Center, Sacramento Continuing Medical Education Program is accredited by Institute of Medical Quality (IMQ)/California Medical Association (CMA) as a provider of continuing medical education through October 31, 2018.
For detailed instructions on requesting CME, please see the CME Application Process document below. CME requests must be submitted at least 90 days prior to the CME activity. The following information is provided to assist in planning your CME activity.
The first step is to complete Page 1 of the CME Activity Request Form, which includes the Needs Assessment and Gap. Once Page 1 has been completed, the request must be presented to the Education Team for consideration and approval to move forward with planning the activity. The Education Team requires the physician planner (preferable) or his/her representative to attend an Education Team meeting to present the CME topic, needs assessment and gap. To present a CME activity, please contact Elizabeth Totah to be added to the Education Team's agenda.
Once the Education Team approves the activity, the program planner may work with their assigned liaison to plan the program and request CME approval (roster listed below).
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact me at (916) 887-1239 or Totahe@sutterhealth.org Elizabeth Totah CME Program Coordinator, Medical Staff Services
Overview of CME Standards, Approval Process & Required Documentation
- CME Terms (.doc)
- 6/23/11 CME Accreditation Standards Presentation (.ppt)
- 6/23/11 CME Documentation Presentation (.ppt)
- CME Application Process (.pdf)
- SMCS CME Program Reference Manual (.pdf)
Documentation Required for all CME Activities
- CME Activity Request Form (Includes IMQ Tips to Writing Learning objective for CME Activities) (.pdf)
- Disclosure Statement from all program planners, speakers, and moderators (.doc)
- Flyer/Announcement (.doc)
- Budget Form (.xls)
- Content Validation Form - Single Activity (.doc)
- Sample Sign-in Sheet (.doc)
- Activity Evaluation Form (.doc)
- Follow-up Activity Evaluation Form (to be completed every 6 months) (.doc)
- CME Activities Outcome Measure Analysis (to be completed every 6 months) (.doc)
Commercial Support Documentation
- Letter of Agreement (.doc)