Partial Hospitalization Program and Intensive Outpatient Program
Sutter Center for Psychiatry
Sutter Center for Psychiatry offers two levels of outpatient programs with more intensity and frequency than typical outpatient therapy. They are helpful in preventing hospitalization and provide a transition after discharge from an inpatient stay.
Our recovery approach empowers individuals to identify and build on their strengths toward a better understanding of their condition and improved quality of life. The programs consist primarily of group therapy and education.
The programs offer intensive services for people who do not require the 24-hour care provided in the acute inpatient setting. These services typically include:
- Care coordination
- Transition of care and discharge planning
- Family education and support
- Primarily group therapy with some individual therapy
- Medical evaluation
- Chemical dependency assessment for secondary drug and alcohol problems
- For school-age children during regular school year, an educational assessment and on site school program is available
Partial Hospital Program (PHP)
Six hours a day, Monday – Friday
Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP)
Three hours a day, 2-5 days per week